Hi, after some advice please. I have set up nodes to collect all parameters from rooms with a certain value and successfully writing all the parameters to excel. I have then set up nodes to read from the excel file and set those same rooms parameters. Changing a value in excel (a parameter I know I can change, eg name) has the desired result of changing the value in the model with no warnings. However, If I try this operation again it fails totally as it appears the Element.Parameters node has collected the parameters in a different order to when I was writing the excel file first time around. So it is trying to write the wrong values onto the wrong parameters and Revit no likey. Am I doing something wrong here? I have tried disconnecting the Excel.Write to file completely with the same results. I would have thought the data collected from the model would always be in the same sequence or is this not the case? Is there some way to control the order whilst linking the parameters values obtained elsewhere? Thank you. Room Schedule.dyn (18.7 KB)
The list will change every time so you need to retrieve data “by name”
Take a look at this post.
and this one
This has been addressed here https://github.com/DynamoDS/DynamoRevit/pull/16934 Fix will be coming in the next release of Dynamo. For the mean time you can use this solution to sort all the parameters in same order.
I have seen you graph, and tried to change it a bit… it now takes the “level” data.
room-excel.dyn (15.1 KB)
Gents, will look at everything you’ve sent - might take a while for me to digest, but thank you.
@James_Hyde Don’t forget to mark the post as solved if you find solution. You’re welcome!
Good Morning, I have built the graph Kulkul sent but struggling to get the lists in the desired order, I think my List.Map and List.Flatten aren’t the same ones used in the example, these seem to look at specific lists with a little selector next to the list input - are these in a package or is there instruction somewhere on how to code them please - once again thank you!
@James_Hyde Note at my @ List levels for List.Flatten node.
Hi, thanks understand now. So built the graph and runs once, but unfortunately same problem as last time in that the parameters seem to reorder (even closing and reopening has no effect). Strangely even the ‘RDS Required’ parameter I have entered explicitly into the graph with a code block looks at the value of another parameter and so screws up. I’m not sure why it does this, but if it will be fixed in an update then would be good, as automatic collection of parameters and their values, with linking to an excel sheet would be great for room data. For the moment, unless you can see anything I’m doing wrong here, I might be best not grab all the parameters at the start of the graph and just concentrate on a few. Maybe have different graphs for groups of parameters, eg Architectural, M&E, Finishes etc. Anyway thank you for your help.
Room Schedule.dyn (33.0 KB)
@James_Hyde Could you drop your dummy rvt file as well.
Sure, here you go. Room Data Test.rvt (1.2 MB)
Lost.SortByKey where the key is the ParameterName is one way I have dealt with this. You will have issues if you have matching Parameter names though.
Thanks, I thought this might screw things up. I suppose there is no such thing as a parameter ID. The way the list is reordered seems really random - like no pattern to it - random.
There seems to be a GUID for most parameters tho.
Do you mind filling in the gaps here?
If it is under non-disclosure, i didnt ask.
Could be holidays time
He loves the mountains and good company and so do i.
Hi All, I have sorted the parameters first (top image), which seems to prevent them from randomly reordering. However I am now stuck trying to map the values and parameters together (bottom image). I’ve looked at the Replication guides in the manual but not sure how this helps. Any ideas? Thanks. Room Schedule 2.dyn (19.5 KB)
Room Data Test.rvt (1.2 MB)
Finally got there thank you. Though I still get an error in the set parameter box regarding container not a string - it still works fine! - have to disconnect the data to the write excel node before bringing data back from the excel - but yeah works ok. I seriously need to actually understand lists, levels and lacing rather than just play with all the buttons until it works! Once again thanks!Room Schedule 2.dyn (35.6 KB)
Room Data Test.rvt (1.3 MB)
Please see this simple graph (running 0.8.0.950). I am getting inconsistent results for the level names. Notice how some report just the name and others report more information, including the element id of the level. If I make a change to a level, the list changes and the output will shuffle again. This doesn’t seem right. I tried it with rooms too, the