Element.Geometry not working

Hey,
In Revit 2024 node element.geometry its not finding anything…

Also I have another problem-family instances are not rotated by coordinate system… It was working on previous version. Any ideas?

Hello,
Have you tried in manual mode in a code block?
with a more classic element (Wall) to see if it returns data
Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

@apd ,

Did you check whether you are exidently in a workmode ?

Just safe and restart your script?

KR
Andreas

3 Likes

Say the same as Christian :wink: does it work with elements solid…not really sure as i dont have 2024 yet

2 Likes

Is that geometry visible at Medium Detail Level? Currently only Medium geometry gets returned from the geometry nodes.

3 Likes

@Nick_Boyts ,

you are right!

it remains empty when it is set just to fine!

KR

Andreas

3 Likes

Thank you all.
Sorry for my late reply, I was traveling.
I tried again and it is working normal. I didn’t change anything… 2 days ago I tried everything-from restarting the PC to creating a new testing family…

1 Like

I forgot something. Now I was trying with generic model.
While I was creating the post it was with adaptive family. I need it because Im creating bridge piers with reference points and I need to extract them so I can use them later as girder connection points etc. So its still not working :smiley: Any ideas why whit normal family its fine, but with adaptive-not working and how can I fix it?

Does anyone knows why element.geometry is not working with adaptive family? Its working fine with basic families.

Hi @apd …could you share that family ?

1 Like

Hi @sovitek, yes ofc.
Forum.rfa (1.4 MB)

cheers…do you have it 2023 as well as i dont have 2024 yet :wink:

1 Like

I have generic model family in 2023. I can upload it and if you can to add it to adaptive family and test it.
You are not missing so much in 2024. Today idk what happened but it doesn’t want to load dynamo and its freezing always(or loading after 10 minutes)…
makeITadaptive.rfa (1.3 MB)

Thx think i wait for 1-2 servicepack

1 Like

hi find this post here…probably thats the same…

i can only the pick the surface if it adaptive…if just generic model it works nice…

in family editor no probelem…

Probably a way with BG open could work or there is a better way not sure as it very rare i use adaptive…

alright something here work for me …

1 Like

Thanks, @sovitek!
I’m trying on these piers in adaptive family to add reference points and then in the project to use these points to attach girders. I will try your will and try to extract them later.