Dynamo will not open inside of Revit 2018

Background:
I am trying to use Dynamo inside of Revit 2018. When I would try to open Dynamo, I would get an error message (different than the attached one). I realized that I only had Dynamo 0.7 installed and figured that was the problem. I uninstalled that and installed Dynamo 1.3. I then ran the executable file that I think is supposed to add 1.3 into Revit 2018? (C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.3\DynamoAddInGenerator.exe)

I am still using Revit 2018 without updates because my computer won’t update to Revit 2018.2 for some reason. I don’t think that is creating the problem though because my co-worker has the same version of Revit on his machine and Dynamo opens right up for him. Now, when I try to open Dynamo inside of Revit 2018, I get the attached error message. I can’t make heads or tails of that error message. Is there anything I can try to get Dynamo to open inside of Revit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

you should not manually run the addin generator.

I would try an uninstall of 1.3 and reinstall. - then Dynamo will appear in the Manage tab - no longer under addins.

Make sure to uninstall any version of Dynamo when you do this, including Dynamo for Revit.

Uninstalling and re-installing did the trick! Thank you!

1 Like