Dynamo seems much slower in 2023 - and the graphics are glitchy - is there a fix?

These issues are for Revit 2023.1.1
My Dynamo Core is 2.16.1.2727
My Dynamo Revit is 2.16.1.6210

Maybe there’s a fix? I don’t know where else to turn to reach out about this:

I have several huge scripts I have used since R 2021 for pulling and manipulating data for curtainwall models.
Now that we are creating models in R2023, I have to create and maintain R2023 versions of my scripts along with R2021/22 - when I open the scripts, some nodes need updating.

Normally that wouldn’t be a huge issue. But aside from having to maintain two versions for now, 2023 is extremely slow to work in. It takes a long time to pan around or do pretty much anything. It’s not this much of an issue when I work in R2021 on these big scripts.

In addition, the graphics in the workspace are messed up. The mouse hover tips over the buttons don’t work, I can’t use the Save button. I can’t use the “x” on the workspace tab to close a script and more. I have to completely close Dynamo and start it up again.

I lose a lot of time waiting on this version.
(I also don’t care for the dark nodes - it’s actually harder for me to read, now. But I know others prefer it.)
Also, when I close Preferences, I get a dialog box that pops up asking to “Open external file”. This seems to be a bug? All I did was look at the graphics option, then select the “x” to close Preferences.

This version is slower, harder for me to read and buggy.
I would like to know if there will be an option to change it back to “light mode” on the nodes. I would also like to know if there is something I can do to fix the workspace graphic issues, and if there is some sort of way to speed up just generally working in the scripts.

I’ve seen some posts where there are some fix-if scripts being created to help re-do the workspace since the nodes are bigger (all my scripts are jumbled and there are hundreds of nodes in some of them.) Will these scripts also help speed up working in the space? I don’t want to run them yet if it’s just to fix the node layout…

Help!

Likely a conflicting Revit add-in, or an incorrect package version. Disable all packages and Revit add-ins and see if that resolves stuff for the time being. If so, start adding back Dynamo packages using a 2023 version off of package manger, and then start layering in Revit add-ins one by one until you hit the issue again (you might not if it was a Dynamo package issue).

Hi Jacob.
Thank you for the help. I will try these steps, hopefully in the near future. Need to find the time to try this, which may take a while - we are crazy busy. But after I try your suggestions, I will come back to this post with a follow-up. Could be a month or two!
Cheers,
Amy

1 Like

Hi Jacob.
I got into this sooner than I expected - followed your steps.
It was the Monocle package that affected the graphics and speed. Now the buttons work properly at the top of the workspace, and I can zoom and pan as expected for the size of my scripts.
Thank you!!
Amy

1 Like