Dynamo refusing to tag any rooms

Hi all,

I’ve been teaching myself dynamo the last few weeks. I’ve already made several scripts to tag various categories of objects without issue. However, I cannot get dynamo to tag a “Room” Object. I’ve tried every iteration of every tagging node and method of selecting the room. The various tag tools fail in different ways, but they all fail. The Archilab Create Annotation Tag node, just returns “null” no matter what I do. The Tag by element and Location Node returns the following error. “There is no loaded tag type that can be used when tagging reference ToTag with tagMode.” But I have several room tag families loaded. I’ve seen other posts where people say to filter your list to remove unreferenced rooms however, I still get the above behavior even if I try on a single manually selected room.

Hi! Try using Create Tag node from GeniusLoci package.

If it still won’t work, check if you have DynamoIronPython 2.7 package installed. And also check a category of room tag family

Thanks Andriy. That worked! The genius loci package worked once I installed the iron python package.