Dynamo player list dropdown

Hi, is there a trick or option to have the dropdown sorted other than alphabetically?

cordially
christian.stan

No, we can’t control drop down sorting currently. Tell us more about the problem.

2 Likes

It’s not the end of the world either, let’s not exaggerate anything, I had asked the question to find out if there was an option to classify by Id like in Revit

I am not a programmer (I am nevertheless aware that this cannot be done in two spoonfuls, and I think that your bag must be very full, on occasion I think that would be good but that only remains an opinion)
cordially
christian.stan

The best solution for now is to number your options in the order you want them to appear. It’s easy and it works.

Hi, that was not the subject of the question, I look at the blog (I read Mr. Pierson’s article on the arrangement of inputs preceded by N° as is done elsewhere on the script presented), I think I will have to go through Data-shapes for this inbound therefore.
cordially
christian.stan

Maybe I misunderstood the question then. The “trick” is to specify a custom order to your dropdown by numbering your options. Yes, this would still technically be alphanumerical, but it would allow you to determine the order. If that’s not what you’re asking about then you may need to rephrase the question.

1 Like

It is also possible that I am expressing my question incorrectly, I use translate, I found a solution that suited me via a dictionary.

cordially
christian.stan

I believe these are typically sorted by created order (element Id). Data shapes can create dropdowns in UI that can be sorted by their own keys as an alternative.

1 Like

Hi, thanks
Following your idea based on the Id and Package Data-Shapes
S1:

x.Id+""+"_"+x.Name
S2:

Cordially
christian.stan