Dropdown Custom in Dynamo Player

Hi, Guys" :wink:

I want to know if someone uses a custom dropdown list in dynamo player?
I found some custom nodes to create a dropdown list like Data-shapes,Rhythm, DropdownUI (that didn’t work in dynamo player).

Thanks \o/

*Sorry about my poor English =( *

1 Like

What version of Revit and Dynamo do you have?

1.3.3 and 2.0.2

What Revit?

2019.1 in revit

Hi @joaoluiz.sribeiro

You can only make a custom dropdown list in dynamo player if you can program C#.
Here is the tutorial and sample files for making custom UI:

https://developer.dynamobim.org/03-Development-Options/3-5-nodemodel-derived-nodes.html

-biboy

1 Like

If you do not want to rely on 3rd party nodes, this could be a solution for you.

Is that node Revit only?

No - I believe it is 2024 product line. C3D may not have consumed the Dynamo version though.

This is a great feature, but I don’t think it can take a list as input.

Is there a way to do that? I tried using Windows.Form but there is this bug in R24

It only takes prewritten values. If you want a dynamic dropdown, the Data-Shapes package works best.

1 Like

Thanks Gavin, this there a way to do this in Dynamo Python? I won’t want the user to have to install 3rd part package because that will open another can of worms, my windows form worked in R23 but not R24

Hi,
may be a solution requiring work, you use your custom list which you branch at the end of this node with valueatkey on a dictionary composed of your personalized list
Cordially
Christian.stan

I believe winforms have issues in CPython3, so might need to wait on PythonNet or install IronPython2.7 at least. See below post: