Dynamo Player - Element updating version 2.16

Hi,
It appears that a relationship is now created between the .dyn file and the revit geometry when using the dynamo player. Dynamo 2.16. This wasn’t the case for the player in Revit 2021m dyn 2.06. I always thought this logic made sense as the dynamo player worked well by running independent routines that did not impact the geometry previously generated. I wish to run a series of framing routines using dynamo player without updating the geometry associated with the previous generation.

I’ve explored the external packages I couldn’t see anything that worked.
A temporary workaround - If I build OR save a script in an older version of dynamo and then open using the later version of the dynamo player, the routines run independently. For example. Dynamo 2.6 saved and reopened in dynamo 2.16. This only works when all the nodes are compatible. . I’m not sure if there is a “bake” node that works or a method to prevent making an association? Also, It would be good to know if others deem the fact that the dynamo player updates previous generated geometry as a benefit or a nuisance.

Check to see if you have saved one of the offending graphs with bindings in it.

This post and the links therein has all the specifics on the mechanism and how to remove the bindings.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate the prompt response, I’ll take a look.