Dynamo node for dropdown list

Hello,
Is there a package with a node with a dropdown selector?
The input would be a list that feeds the dropdown selector items and the output would be the selected item.
The closest I found was Dropdown selector from archilab. But it is a multi-selector. I want to restrict the selection to one item; like a normal dropdown list.

Thank you

Hi @HMoosavi,

I think archi-lab.net package (Version 2022.210.1022) has what you are looking for.

Oops, think you have that one already.

1 Like

Check out the Data-Shapes package:

2 Likes

Hi @HMoosavi again,

There is also Juggernaught package. I used it previously and the node name was SelectItem.ByList. However, I am not sure if the package is compatible for all versions of Revit.

I was going to say Datashape package but seems like @Daan replied quicker than me. :slight_smile:
Thank you,

That’s what I am using right now.
My only issue is that it is not a “single selection”.
It allows you to select multiple items. So one has two de-select the previously selected item.

So is its output something out of dynamo?
I inserted the node and gave it some inputs. nothing happened.
Where can I see the output?

Hi @HMoosavi ,

To use the Data-Shapes package you always have to use (at least) two nodes, in this case the DropDown Data node to create the DropDown UI input and the MultipleInputForm++ to transform these UI inputs into an actual Interface. I’ve setup a small example:

Directly after pressing “Run” a screen pops up, Dynamo will wait with executing till this screen is gone:

After selecting “5” and clicking “Set Values”:

If you have your heart set on keeping things in the Dynamo Player, you could use the node for selecting files. You can populate a folder with a set of text files - that have the names that would show up in the Dropdown List. Just make sure to have a default text file preselected so that you don’t have to hunt down the right path just to get to the text files folder every time you use the player. I tried this system out and it seems to work fine. My only qualm with it is that it doesn’t look as pretty as a typical dropdown node when a long file path is preselected and the selection list pops up in a different window. That being stated, this approach is still very much a work-around. This issue needs to be resolved in a future release of Dynamo. In the meantime, I wonder if this method could help custom node writers to pull it off in a more aesthetic way.