Dynamo Inside Formit 2024 ASM/LibG Error

Hello Dynamo Community,

I am working on a project utilising Dynamo with the VIKTOR cloud platform to build a cloud app. The VIKTOR application interfaces with Dynamo via the Dynamo CLI, and a dedicated worker executes the necessary CLI commands.

However, when I run the CLI commands, I encounter an error indicating that the ASM/LibG geometry libraries failed to load. Below are the commands executed by the worker typed for execution in the command prompt:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt\DynamoSandbox\DynamoWPFCLI.exe" -o input.dyn -v output.xml -gp C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt -g geometry.json

To run the above command you need to have an “input.dyn” file available at C:\Users\user name
Find a sample file attached.
input.dyn (283.5 KB)

Error message:

A problem occurred while trying to load ASM or LibG
asmPath:C:\Program : at Dynamo.Applications.StartupUtils.PreloadASM(String asmPath, String& geometryFactoryPath, String& preloaderLocation)

Has anyone faced a similar issue, or could provide guidance on how to rectify this?
Thank you in advance!

@solamour @jacob.small @josh.goldstein @GavinCrump

Are you hitting the issue using this on the Victor platform, but it runs fine on your desktop?

If so, it’s because Victor doesn’t have FormIt installed, which may or may not be possible do to the licensing requirements. Best to reach out to them as a first step.

Hello Jacob

No, it does not work fine on my desktop. Viktor does not install applications on their end.
The workers help the desktop application (Dynamo) communicate with the Viktor cloud platform.
I have been in touch with Viktor. They helped me understand the issue.

1 Like

Ok. Do you have FormIt installed on your desktop?

I’m away from my CPU for the weekend and much of next week (family visit), but I can try to get it working locally if I get some time.

1 Like

Hi Jacob
Yes, I have Formit installed. Thank you, I will wait patiently.

1 Like

Hi All
Please let me know if you have managed to test this on your end and have any solutions.
Thank you.

Won’t have much time for testing this week as I am on vacation, but the Dev team has been flagged and if I find the time to play I will have a look.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Jacob.

1 Like

what version of Dynamo are you using?

Hello, it is the Dynamo sandbox contained in the latest Formit 2024.

@bayowindapo I’m assuming the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt path contains ASM*.dll binaries? Can you try specifying the path in quotes like: “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt” when you issue the command?

Hello, Yes the path contains ASM dll binaries. I have tried your suggestion and it did not work. I hope this is what you meant.
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt" -o input.dyn -v output.xml -gp C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt -g geometry.json
I also tried replacing “FormIt” with “Formit.exe”

This is what I meant:
“C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt\DynamoSandbox\DynamoWPFCLI.exe” -o “path to input.dyn” -v output.xml -gp “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt” -g geometry.json

1 Like

Thank you.
I did miss those quotes. I checked the config of the Viktor worker that communicates with the Dynamo CLI, and the quotes are present, so the quotes are not the issue. I got another error, shown in the image below.

I don’t know what VIKTOR is but is there a reason you are using the WPF CLI instead of the CLI? the WPF CLI will need access to an environment with a GPU, windows WPF view etc.

one suggestion is to try removing GD and player packages of the current user for DynamoCore / DynamoRevit as there is a possible conflict - it could be related to this error.

Hello
I ran the command using the Dynamo CLI. See the image below. I guess we know why WPF was used.
Thanks!

I just ran the command below using a Dynamo Sandbox I downloaded myself and it worked.
“C:\Users\Bayonle\Downloads\DynamoCoreRuntime_2.19.0.5914_20230815T0711\DynamoWPFCLI.exe” -o input.dyn -v output.xml --GeometryPath “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt” -g geometry.json

do you need to generate geometry tessellations? That is what the -g file path is outputting.

Hello
Yes, the geometry output gets displayed on Viktor. It would still be good to know why the Formit WPFCLI does not work. I will use this as a work around in the meantime.
Thank you.