Dynamo for Civil 3D & Project Refinery

Has anyone been able to load refinery into Dynamo for Civil 3D?

Thanks!

@Aaron_Tang FYI

1 Like

Yes. After you’ve run the Refinery installer, you need to go to:

C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\2.4\packages

and copy the Refinery folder into:

C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2020\Dynamo\2.4\packages

2 Likes

Refinery beta can be imported into Civil3D by following the following steps:
1. User to have any R2020 point releases installed
2. User to launch DynamoForRevit in the Revit 2020.x to make sure the corresponding packages folder are created under %AppData%
3. User to install latest Refinery beta from Autodesk Project Refinery site
4. User to launch DynamoForRevit and go to manage packages and locate Refinery package folder
5. User to navigate a few levels up to DynamoCore folder to get the Refinery package instead of under DynamoRevit, please make sure this is done, otherwise you will get exception when loading latest Refinery Beta into Dynamo
6. User copy the package folder to the corresponding D4C version’s he/she prefers, this can be either D4C with C2020 or C2021

3 Likes

@Aaron_Tang I am also trying to get refinery running in Dynamo for Civil 3D and hitting a roadblock!

I have Revit 2020, and Civil 3D 2020 installed - both have Dynamo running successfully. I have downloaded and run the RefineryInstaller-v0.62.2,msi and found the Refinery folder, with 3 sub-folders:
RefineryClient; RefineryServer; and RestDynamoCore.

Also copied the entire Refinery folder into my ‘C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2020\Dynamo\2.4\packages’ folder

When i open Dynamo in Civil 3D i get the following notification

Dynamo.Exceptions.LibraryLoadFailedException: Failed to load library: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2020\Dynamo\2.4\packages\Refinery
at Dynamo.PackageManager.PackageLoader.ScanPackageDirectory(String directory)

Could someone further explain step 5 above or provide additional assistance? Thanks!

Are you sure that you copied the Refinery folder from the Dynamo Core folder and not the Dynamo Revit folder?

1 Like

Most likely, you copied the Refinery package from \AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\ [version] \packages. This is where DynamoForRevit will point you if you go from the package manager UI. But instead, you will need to copy from AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\ [same version] \packages\. Let me know if it works.

Cheers

@Aaron_Tang I do not have the Dynamo Core folder in in the …\RoamingDynamo\ directory??

I have Revit 2020.1 installed, Civil 3D 2020.2 installed, the latest Refinery 0.62.2.msi downloaded - and installed. Dynamo included with Revit and C3D installs - do I need the sandbox version?

No you don’t need the sandbox version. Can you describe after installing Refienry, were you able to launch it in DynamoforRevit? If you are, you should be able to find its binaries in Dynamo → Pakcages Menu Item → Manage Packages → Refinery → Show Root Directory. This should point you to
AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.2\packages\Refinery. And then, do not copy from this place but go up several levels to AppData\Roaming\Dynamo, you should see two folder here. One is Dynamo Core and the other is Dynamo Revit. Let me know if you can get to this step, and If you do not see the Dynamo Core folder here, you might need to manually create the folder to mimic same structure of what’s under Dynamo Revit and install Refinery again.

Hello,

I went every step as you descirbed (even manualy creating Dynamo Core folder) here but still no data under manually created Dynamo Core folder.
Refinery works fine in Revit.
Topic was created long time ago but I could not find any other related manual/guide regarding Refinery with Civil3D. Maybe there are changes and more info regarding this topic?

Civil3d 2020.6
Revit 2020.1
RefineryInstaller-v0.62.2