Dynamo-Excel (New Row Creation)

Hey Guys - So i am looking to populate and existing excel file with data from revit. Writing data to excel is straightforward what i am looking to do is have my data from dynamo grow within row 8 and 22. In other words, i can populate row 8 to 22 with data from 15 rooms with dynamo but if i have a 16th room, it will overwrite the formula in row 23.

I can manually add 1 new row before row 23 which is fine. The formula will move to row 24 but still compute the data above. I just do not want to have to do it to 50 rooms.

Is this something that can be manipulated with dynamo or something i have to set up before using the excel file in dynamo? Ideally, I will like to use the room count to control the number of rows between the header and the formula row.

@Azubike_Ononye
Revit to excel via dynamo will overwrite (wipe) formulas in your entire sheet. If you have not tried it be careful make a copy of your spreadsheet before doing it. I think there are maybe 3 or four topics regarding this in the forum, search for formulas overwritten.

What you can do is separate the excel from dynamo to your master excel. And if you know much with excel you can easily achieved your goal using macro or vba.

Thanks…

1 Like