Dynamo doesnt start from Revit after 0.73 upgrade

Ritesh,

I do not have Kiwi installed. Here is my Addins folder for 2015:

2014-11-20_10-00-09

And here’s my Dynamo.addin content, all in one line: "<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8” standalone=“no”?>

<RevitAddIns>
<AddIn Type=“Application”>
<Name>Dynamo For Revit</Name>
<Assembly>“C:\Program Files\Dynamo 0.7\Revit_2015\DynamoRevitVersionSelector.dll”</Assembly>
<AddInId>8D83C886-B739-4ACD-A9DB-1BC78F315B2B</AddInId>
<FullClassName>Dynamo.Applications.VersionLoader</FullClassName>
<VendorId>ADSK</VendorId>
<VendorDescription>Dynamo</VendorDescription>
</AddIn>
</RevitAddIns>"

I installed 0.7.5 today, and problem persists. Like my friends above, I have one laptop working perfectly, and one desktop wont start Dynamo.

BTW If you want to chat you can email me at vasshaug.net/me

Hello Håvard Vasshaug,

Just like Kiwi, I think there are some other addin also causing Dynamo to launch.

Do you have same Addin on you Laptop as well. Are there any difference in Addin on Laptop and Desktop.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Laptop addins:

2014-11-20_11-38-07

havard, i removed all my addins… since then no troubles with dynamo

cheers

FYI - for me both the Unifi and Maxwell addins seem to prevent Dynamo from being launched from Revit 2015. If I take those out of the folder, or just rename them, Dynamo will launch as expected.

Hello All,

We are tracking this internally (MAGN-5488) to fix Dynamo Launch Problem when there are other Addin installed.

Thanks for your support in identifying problems and sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Thanks Peter. So, you now swear to no other addin than Dynamo? Nice:)

I made it work now but removing one at the time until Autodesk.FlowDesign.Revit.addin. As this method has worked for others with other addins, I’m guessing it’s not Flow Design, but a general attribute to a certain type of addins. Flow Design has a separate tab in Revit - could that be it?

Anyway, works now on my end. Thanks for the help guys.

@Havard

loooool

but honestly on my laptop i removed all previously installed addins as troubleshooting took far too long …

but no i am back to the game!

Hello All,

Sorry for the trouble shooting to get Dynamo works on your machines.

We have fixed issue related to Dynamo not launching when Kiwi addin installed on your machine.

It would be helpful if you guys installed latest daily build and let us know if that problem persists. (with all of your addins installed, try Dynamo)

Once again thanks for showing your interest to use Dynamo inspite of other problems.

With your help will make Dynamo more stronger and reliable.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Please wait for one more build. It seems build with fix hasn’t been uploaded yet.

I will inform you once it is posted to daily build site.

BTW I have just tested fix on Wiki and Unifi installed and I am able to launch Dynamo with those two addin installed.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Daily build with fix posted here http://dyn-builds-data.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/DynamoInstall0.7.5.20141123T2054.exe

Please download and let us know the status.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Eureka!! it is working!! Thank you Ritesh

Kiwi Code Bonus Tools with Dynamo up and running!!!

Thank you Ritesh

Hi Ritesh Chandawar,

I am the developer of Kiwi Bonus Tools add-in

It is not just our addins within Revit 2015. Dynamo seems to be the only Addin that has issues when other Apps are installed. I built a small app that does nothing, and Dynamo would not load. This problem only appears within Revit 2015, Revit 2014 works fine.

I am happy for you to bounce ideas of me if required in the future?

Regards

Chris

Hi Ritesh,

The new build now works within Revit 2015, when other addins are installed (Not just KiwiCodes Addins.).

Can you please advise what the issue was? chris@kiwicodes.com

Regards

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve ascertained that it was something that we were doing in the initialization of our addin that was causing this conflict. Interestingly, what we were doing in 2014 was, as you mentioned, not causing a conflict, but the API became more strict in 2015 so it started to throw a wobbly. Strangely, we only received this API error when other addins were installed. We’ve introduced a fix which should be available now in our daily builds.

Ian

Thanks everyone for helping us verify the fix. Just to be clear, this fix did not arrive in time to be included in our 0.7.4 release. The fix for this issue is in the daily builds and will be available in the next official release.

Works like a charm for me to, thanks a lot :slight_smile: