Dynamo create placeholder sheets

Hi I am trying to create placeholder sheets in Revit through Dynamo. Everything seems to be working except the last note.
Please see my screen shot. Can you please help me out on this?
Thank you very much!

Have you tried different lacing options or List.Map?

Hi Einar, thanks for your reply.
I tried shortest/longest/cross, but it shows the same problems.
I will keep trying. Appreciate!

Looks like the sheet number must be a number and not a string:

1 Like

Thanks Einar, it works in this way.
I have a batch of sheets in excel as what I showed and probably better to create the sheets from the excel. Do you have any idea about that? Thanks again.

Hi I am trying to create placeholder sheets in Revit through Dynamo. Everything seems to be working except the last note.
Please see my screen shot. Can you please help me out on this?
Thank you very much!

@JimmyF
The node you are using from Clockworks requires an “int” input and you are feeding in a string. I think thats where the error is.
Try using the same node from Archi Lab package, seems to work well for me.

2 Likes

Thanks Alisder, it works in this way.
I have a batch of sheets in excel as what I showed and probably better to create the sheets from the excel. Do you have any idea about that? I tried the node from Archi Lab, it works in the way you are showing but when I feed the value from the excel, there is something errors. Thanks again.

Can you show your workings so far so we can see what you have tried? And we can go from there.

Hi Alisder, please see the image below. I got the sheet number value and shee name value into two lists and feed them into the Archi Lab “Creat Placeholder Sheet” node. The error is shown. Do you know what is wrong? Thank you for your help.

Hi Jimmy,

Check values which your feeding to “sheet Number” and “Sheet name”? Object type should be “System.String”.

Or else show complete screenshot of your graph so that we can have closer look at it.

3 Likes

@JimmyF

Like Kulkul said, the input needs to be a string. Try add a “String From Object” node between your sheet number node and the Create placeholder node. This will ensure it is a string before feeding in.

1 Like

Thanks Kulkul, by adding “String From Object”, it works.
Thank you very much!

Thanks Alisder, As you said, by adding"String From Object", the sheets are created.
Appreciate your kind help!

I found that the below node from Steam Nodes works just as well. In fact you no longer have to create the sheets as placeholders first.

File attached.

Create Multiple Sheets.dyn (4.0 KB)

Hi,
I’m trying to use the ArchiLab ‘Create Place Holder Sheet’ node and, in the first 5 times it worked fine, but now it is substituting the number and the name of the sheets created previously. It doesn’t provide any warning or any error. Any idea on what it could be?

This is element binding. Check out the topic here:

Quick solutions are to run the graph via Dynamo Player after cleaning out the bindings.

Hello. I need the output of the empty sheet creator to be an element. So i can add parameter values to the new created sheets.

Try my node from Crumple. It also comes with a safeguard for sheets that already exist (number exists) so you can filter out the ones that didn’t work and move forward with them: