Dynamo Automation issue

I have been on a mission to learn the ins and outs of dynamo automation. So far I have found 1 video explaining the how to’s. Now my question is Revit 2016 required? Will the dynamo automation package work with Revit 2015? So far I have followed the tutorial meticulously. The only difference between mine and the tutorial is the revit version. Anyone who has used dynamo automation successfully have any insight on this?

Dynamo Automation

Here is an image of the error message I receive. @Andreas_Dieckmann, do you have any ideas?

The revitVersion input of Journal.ByWorkspacePath expects an integer. You are probably feeding it a string. It’s a stupid inconsistency in the packages nodes - some expect the Revit version as an integer and others as a string. I plan on harmonizing that in the future.

That was the issue @Andreas_Dieckmann. I’ve looked over the material you have provided regarding journal files. Can you explain the creation of the journal files better? What encoding do you use? I have followed your examples on GitHub but I receive the following error message.

@kiknchikn2060 Please see post in this thread:

@kiknchikn2060 did you get to the bottom of this? Im having the same error

Usual causes:

1. Filepaths that contain whitespaces or special characters.
  2. Revit models saved in a Perspective view.
  3. Using an outdated package version (DA was updated recently).
  4. Perhaps some addin interfering that does stuff automatically after a model is opened

If you can rule out points 1-3, please create an issue on GitHub: