Dynamo 3.0 Beta and Revit .NET7 Preview

Hello Dynamo enthusiasts :wave:

We are excited to announce that Dynamo 3.0 Beta is available in Revit Preview Release this November.

Revit has migrated to .NET 7 to stay current with latest technology and keep up with regular maintenance and updates. Revit uses this framework for UI dialogs, interactions with Windows, the Revit API, and more.

Dynamo for Revit was also migrated to .NET7 and is available for testing in Revit November Preview Release. Please check it out and drop some feedback in this thread.

We highly encourage all Dynamo Package developers to test their packages in this Preview Release and report any issues related to package compatibility with .NET Core.

You can read more about Why .NET 7 Now & What’s The Plan on the Revit Preview dedicated page.

4 Likes

Will this be Revit 25 onwards?

Migration to .NET 7 was just the first step in the transition to .NET Core. Revit and Dynamo for Revit will be migrated to .NET 8, which has the longest support window from Microsoft. (here is Microsoft’s .NET support policy)

2 Likes

I hope I can get my Rhythm Repo up and running before being out on paternity leave.

:eyes:

and for the curious:

2 Likes