[Request for Feedback] Consistency in Dynamo

Do you have big ideas on what should be Consistent between Dynamo versions, and what can change? Do you have unique insight into the problems that changes cause? Do you think about the balance of keeping everything the same versus pushing into new realms of possibility?

Then we want to talk to you! @helena.wahlstrom is seeking some 1:1 conversations to better understand all of the questions above and more as we think about the evolution of Dynamo into a more evergreen state :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is this one of those cool Autodesk things where you get a nice voucher for our time… Or is this from the goodness of our hearts?

I’m happy to do it either way… but I do enjoy the vouchers :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Most likely vouchers :smiley:

2 Likes

Count me in. I have a lot of what I think will be constructive feedback in this space.

We’ve struggled to get consistent use/adoption where I work of Dynamo, particularly with the 2023 jump. Not just technical things (you can guess most of the ones I’d say no doubt), but also more UI/UX based quirks I’ve seen users get put off by.

Having just been hit by the net framework 7 wammy with Rhino 8 I’m also bracing for impact when Revit takes that plunge (and Dynamo with it). Had to rebuild a fair bit of code.

Personally if all dynamos were in line with 2024 it’d be awesome, but I get that it isn’t possible with the way it’s tied to Revit.

1 Like

@helena.wahlstrom will reach out to chat Gavin :smiley: More than happy to have your thoughts!

Dynamo 3.0 is build on .NET 8.0, as are Revit, Civil 3D and so on. There is some disruption to package authors, but typically only if they deal with .NET API’s - i.e. View Extensions. We’re writing a technical blog post and will do direct outreach to the majority of package authors we can see have that have issues from our side.

2 Likes