Dynamo 2.0.2 Crashes every time I try to to map it to existing Packages - only since Package manager update

Cross post from GitHub post GutHub issue post

Dynamo version

2.0.2 - Core & Revit

1.3.4 is also installed (Core & Revit)

Revit version

2018.3 & 2019.2

Revit 2020 is also installed

Operating system

Windows 10

What did you do?

Every time I try to map an existing location for my Dynamo packages the program crashes without allowing the mapping to work.

I can get this far, but as soon as I hit “Accept” it will crash.
2019-04-27_18-57-03
If I create a new folder (same name same location) and download all the packages again then it works fine.

The “E” drive is a local drive on my laptop, which is an SSD drive with lots of storage space.

This has only been an issue since the Update to the Package Manager a few weeks back.

Note: The this process works as expected with Dynamo 1.3.4, even after the update to the package manager.

What did you expect to see?

That the mapping would work and all my existing packages would be available

What did you see instead?

Nothing program will crash

1 Like

Two things to try.

1. Check if Dynamo for Revit 2.0.3 prevents the issue. If so it’s likely the library race issue which has since been resolved.

2. Check that all packages in the new location are in Dynamo 2.0 format. Older 1.x versions can cause some issues if you have packages with a lot of dependencies. If so remove the 1.x formatted stuff and see if that resolves things.

Two things to try.

1. Check if Dynamo for Revit 2.0.3 prevents the issue. If so it’s likely the library race issue which has since been resolved.

Since installed 2.0.3 the issues seems to have been fixed.

2. Check that all packages in the new location are in Dynamo 2.0 format. Older 1.x versions can cause some issues if you have packages with a lot of dependencies. If so remove the 1.x formatted stuff and see if that resolves things.

This only partially worked, some 2.x packages it worked with while others it did not, I couldn’t find a reason why some of the 2.x packages won’t work?

If 2.0.3 solves the issue then it’s likely the library bug. Keep the update on there for now and install the official release when it comes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the help @jacob.small :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like