DWG table to Revit schedule

imagine having some columns and rows in dwg, is it possible to use dynamo, to create a custom fake schedule with the same text and info as in the dwg file?

has anyone heard of this? does this sound possible to spend time on?

thanks,

Yes it is possible. Build it as a key schedule.

hi,

so I imported those lines and text from cad and i have them in revit, as lines and text notes. and i tried to get something going but apparently im missing something converting those lines and texts into the schedule. any ideas? thanks

so in revit schedules, if you select any category and add only one parameter, you can select the header field and then add rows or columns and then add text into those fields and or merge them together

right now i have a fake table in revit make out of 2d lines and some texts in a drafting view.

im trying to get them by dynamo and create a schedule as i mentioned above to follow those lines and texts to insert column, rows and possibly merge them together so at the end, it looks like what i had in my drafting view but in a schedule format.

in the previous post i tried something in dyanmo but i guess im doing something wrong. any ideas? thanks

Have a look at this post: Create a Key Schedule example for comment

hi Jacob, appreciate the help, as far as i understood, this is usefull when you have certain fake parameteres and info for each,

what im looking for is to follow certain lines and text, to create something like this

i dont know if the column and row width and height are open in API or maybe i should look for a work around this …

I detest these setups as the data even in a schedule view isn’t functional. My preference would be to utilize a family with tags and such instead… however since you asked, the header of a schedule can be accessed via API. I do not know if any package to do this, so you’re going to have to jump into some custom coding.

First create a ViewSchedule as a Key Schedule type, then get the Table from that, and pull the TableSection data from it. Once there you can add columns and rows, as well as merge adjacent cells using the methods here: TableSectionData Members

This isn’t an easy dive either. You’ll need to keep track of the index of each cell and such… Certainly all doable, but not an easy task, and. Or one which I would undertake with Dynamo, instead choosing to invest in an add-in or utilize a family as I noted before.

1 Like

Thanks again for your time and kindness.

1 Like