DWG-Rooms xref -> Space Lines -> Room creation

Hello Everybody,

i’am working at the moment on an workflow, which should do following:

DWG - prepare

• we only have an 2D architektur in DWG
  • we isolate the room lines
  • DWG link into revit

Revit todo

• in a HVAC Revit model - we link the prepared architekture (just the lines of the rooms)
  • Dynamo -> takes the linked DWG -> and makes out of the lines Revit rooms/spaces separations
  • automatically place rooms (with Revit by hand)

Problem

• the link is working
  • the import is working
  • the lines show up as “space separation lines” (i also tried the “room separation”)
  • i can’t place the room in the space/room separation… if I draw a new space-separation-line with Revit, it is working. But Revit doesn’t work with my lines out of dynamo.

I hope there is anybody who can help me??

Next steps which i want to integrate

• recognize the text out of the dwg (room name + number) and import it into Revit

Dynamo

Enclosed files

• 01 Revit file with the linked DWG bevore running the dynamo-script
  • 02 dwg file
  • 03 Revit file after running the dynamo-script
  • 04 dynamo script

01 - Revit after dynamo.rvt (3.0 MB)
02 dwg architektur.dwg (306.1 KB)
03 - Revit bevor dynamo.rvt (3.0 MB)
04_curves from dwg to revit.dyn (11.4 KB)

#Environment -> Revit 2018.1 + Dynamo 1.3.1.1736

@matthew85 Check the scale of your dwg import, it seems as if it is coming in smaller than what I imagine it should be. Revit doesn’t allow for rooms or spaces to be created in boundaries with a distance less than ~275mm.

As for obtaining the room name and number from your dwg, the only way to do that is to bring the dwg in with the text layer only and exploding it (this will create Revit text elements). You can then obtain these text elements and their values and push those into room parameters. This thread should help: Data attribution using information from a CAD file

3 Likes

@awilliams
Good morning :slight_smile:

omg - i was so much in thinking of dynamo problems, that it was equal to me, that the insert scale was not right.
Thank you very much, for your help !!

My first dynamo script is running --> made me already happy for the whole day !!!
Thank you for your recommendation to solve my upcomming procedure - that is going to be my next step.

1 Like

Glad I could help :slightly_smiling_face: