Duplicate views with all dependent views

I’ve been reading in the forum and I didn’t find anything.

I’m using BiMorph Nodes for duplicate views.

I would like to duplicate one view with all dependent views included.

I know we could duplicate views and duplicate views as dependents view, but I would like to duplicate the whole pack if it is possible.

Any Idea?

Thks

can you please post anything that you have created? it might help.

1 Like

Revit won’t allow you to duplicate a parent view with all its dependents so Dynamo won’t either - not without using the workflow you mentioned. You’d have to select the parent view, get its dependents, then duplicate the parent and dependents separately.

Shouldn’t be too bad though. You just need the views and their scope box or crop region.

1 Like

Thks, that’s what I thought, but I wanted to be sure.

Thks again

Also, if you want to maintain the same view structure, the node includes intelligence where new duplicate dependants are created from a new duplicate parent view.

To summarise:

1. If you duplicate the parent view and all of it’s dependents, a new parent is created first, then new dependents are created from it
    Or
  2. Only duplicating dependents will still create a new parent (ie maintain the same view structure), and they will be dependents of this new parent

If on the other hand, you simply want to duplicate all dependent views as new top-level views (independent), then duplicate them and use a package like Rhythm which includes a node to convert dependent views to independent.

4 Likes

Thks mate!

Everything is clear now.

Cheers