Duplicate Sheet Number Error

Hey all,

I have seen several threads pertaining to sheet creation with the Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndViews node, but from what I’ve seen, none of them quite handle my particular problem.

When I used the Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndVIew node, if I run the program with duplicate sheet numbers already in Revit, it creates new sheets with generic numbers instead of simply not creating the sheet. Is there a way to bypass this where it won’t create a sheet with a duplicate number, and instead only create if the number is unique?

For instance, if you create 5 sheets (numbered from a list A,B,C,D,E), and then rerun the program, it’ll build 5 more (F,G,H,I,J), even though the input numbers haven’t changed from A,B,C,D,E. It reads that those already exist, and it builds 5 more from where it left off.

Now, if I build A,B,C,D,E, then change the input to A,B,C,D,E,F, I only want it to make a new sheet F. Instead, it’ll build F,G,H,I,J,K, because the F is unique, but the A,B,C,D,E are already taken.

Any ideas?

1 Like

@cnealy You could try to first get the existing sheet numbers, filter out numbers that already exist and create the rest

@Vikram_Subbaiah I have written a little something to that effect – the only issue I see is getting it to work with the views being placed by Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndView because the views are deleted and replaced every run. I want to ensure the correct views are being placed on the correct sheets each run.

1 Like

Not pleasant, but you might need to close and reopen Revit between consecutive Dynamo runs.