Duplicate sheet and rename

@Thomas_Mahon How come I do not see that? (using v.2.0.9)

It’s a ZeroTouch node (delivered via a dll vs a DYF) so there’s either a clash with another library using the same name space im using (unlikely) or more likely the dll is being blocked by your security settings. You might need to unblock it by locating the BimorphNodes.dll in your BimorphNodes package folder.

Great! Thanks… Now I am getting “unresolved” label on my “Bimporh Duplicate Sheet”, is this relying on other packages that I may be missing?

Nope. Maybe you have it saved in two locations being queried for packages? Try uninstalling all packages and reinstall just BimorphNodes. Check it works, then add all the other packages back in one by one. If there is a conflict between BimorphNodes and another package, it will eventually break which will then narrow the problem down.

from where i would get GetSheetsFromSchedule node?

It was renamed when BimorphNodes was refactored in C# (v2.0); its now called Sheet.FromSchedule. There is a table in the article here under the title ‘Important considerations before upgrading’ which details all the changes.

Please check if it is ok.

Thats perfect. So 1. check the exception above the Sheet.Duplicate node - what does it say?, and 2. ensure there are sheets to duplicate - so check the Sheet.FromSchedule is returning sheet elements.

Ok. it’s working.but every time i need to reopen the dynamo every time to make it work.And sometimes it’s not working.

You need to be specific. What isn’t working? What exception message do you see? What do you mean by “reopen the dynamo every time” - I guess you mean you are using Dynamo Player?

The most useful thing to do is isolate the problem so you can consistently reproduce it - what actions are you taking when it runs? What actions are you taking when it doesn’t run?

If I delete duplicate sheets and run the dynamo manually again it shows no result and no warnings are shown.
it seems the dynamo is neutral.Then i have to reopen the dynamo and run.Then also sometimes it does not work.It seems the dynamo will work only once for same project.

And same sheet will not take duplicate with views 2nd time and in 2nd time it will duplicate only sheets not views.

Dynamo will only allow you to run again if there is a state change in one of the nodes; as you are duplicating sheets, there is nothing to tell Dynamo to recompute the node after you run it. You therefore need to force it to recompute. You can do this in a number of ways:

1. Switch the Sheet.Duplicate ‘run’ input to false, click on Dynamo’s ‘Run’ button, then switch your ‘run’ input to true again and the ‘Run’ button will now allow you to re-execute
  2. Disconnect any of the required inputs, click on Dynamo’s ‘Run’ button, reconnect the input - the ‘Run’ button will now allow you to re-execute
  3. Refresh the Sheet.FromSchedule node using its refresh input. As you are in manual, you need to switch the bool input from true to false or false to true. If you click true > false > true or false > true > false with the expectation this is ‘refreshing’ the node, you’re not, as you are not changing the graph state!

The other issue you are having was answered by the Sheet.Duplicate ‘report’ output. I’ll help you out:

1. You duplicated sheets with views
  2. You deleted the sheets but not the duplicated views
  3. You re-run the duplication with the same settings
  4. Views cant be duplicated as they already exist…just like what the report output told you

Hi,
i used this nodes to create 40 sheets includes 40 views.
the issue is that i got only the first sheet with view , the rest of 39 sheet is not including their views , any idea how to fix it?

Hi @rinag

Does the report output of the node give you info? Typically this happens if the view is already placed on a sheet. This might happen if you are you attempting to duplicate the same sheet multiple times.

Hi
thanks ,
I changed the lacing and issue solved :slight_smile:

Piggybacking off this thread.

I get the error “Cannot paste view-specific elements from different views” from Revit after trying to run the Sheet.Duplicate. The duplicate runs fine on the first sheet in the set but any other sheet I get that error. Any idea on how/why it is happening?

I think that’s a bug or rather, revision clouds which are prevented from being copied over. Can you try duplication without any revision clouds (i.e. create a copy of your file and delete them manually) and see if that is the case and I’ll publish an update when I get round to the next release.

Thanks for getting back to me. After some test it appears some line work on the sheet is causing the error. I can find a work around for now but maybe look into for your next update. Great plugin. Thanks again

Thanks for confirming - can you upload a minimal model which reproduces the exception so I can debug?