Duplicate Multiple Schedules + Change Column Text from Excel

After doing lots of research, I’m submitting a post for help!

I am trying to duplicate a Schedule that will only have ONE Column (which will be text). I want to text to come from excel.

I’ve gotten a key schedule to be able to be filled up with the text I want BUT the issue is I cannot duplicate it. I need this schedule to be duplicated by x amount and then I want each copy to have different text. All of them have to have different text and I’m making 100s of these schedules so I definitely do not want to do this manually.

So far from my research I’ve seen that you can add text from excel to a keynote schedule but it can’t be duplicated. Just wanted to know if there’s a work around for this either with a python script or with a package that I do not yet have.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Image below is me trying to add text to the schedule that’s NOT a keynote schedule and then duplicating it by x amount.

You can’t copy a key schedule because key pairings have to be unique.

You don’t actually need to copy them though since they’re all going to end up being different anyway. Just create a new key schedule each time and fill in the data.

1 Like

Gotcha. Is there a way I can make multiple key schedules at once? (They’d all be TEST1,TEST2, TEST3 etc.) Or would I have to manually create them in order for me to place information from excel?

You can use Dynamo to create as many schedules as you want. Start with the ScheduleView.CreateSchedule node.

The reason I did not use that node was because I couldn’t find a category that worked with what I’m trying to do. I am currently not using a specific category per se. I just want regular text to be read and imported into a keynote schedule now.

Is there a category you suggest for just inserting text?

I also am attaching the list of names that I would want for each schedule to the “name” but not sure if you recommend that I do it differently way.

Is there a reason this has to be a schedule and you can’t just use text notes?

A schedule has to have a category. If you are using this as a “dummy” schedule then just pick a category that you know wont be used in your project. It does have to be a valid category though.

That’s a great way to do it. This will give you a new schedule for each name. Then you can just pass on all the data lines in sublists to each schedule.

This should be helpful.

Hey Nick, I appreciate that link! That did help change my file quite a bit.

My question now is, when I am picking a certain scheduleview and attaching that to the key schedule, it’s giving me a null and not inserting any of the information that I want.

Would appreciate your feedback again, thanks!

@Nick_Boyts I actually worked through this a bit more and made changes. Seems like most of the script is working now. BUT the issue now is that the text isn’t being placed on the schedule.

Would appreciate any help, thanks.

Can you pin the node previews for everything so we can actually see what your data looks like? Also it looks like you don’t have key values. Is this actually a key schedule?

Hey Nick,

I’ve pinned the node previews. This isn’t an actual key schedule, I honestly just want to take a small table from excel and place it in Revit then to a sheet as a schedule. It needs to look like a schedule for this specific ask.

I’ve got it to somewhat work, it’s not necessarily ideal but it’s working so far. My next goal would be to have an x amount of tables in excel then bring each of their respective info and match it with the schedules. I’m blanking out on what each node that was though. Where you take separate lists and have x,y,z match with the x,y,z from the other list.

As always any help is appreciated!

You’re not getting any parameters named “Comments” so there’s nothing to write to in your key schedule. You also need to have key value pairs (even if you don’t actually care about the key, this is still a Revit key schedule that can only function as a key schedule.) You’ll also have to manage your list structure (your data should be a single list per schedule) and your list levels for writing to multiple schedules at once.

1 Like

Thank you Nick! This has really helped a lot! Appreciate your help.