Duplicate family from linked model into host model

Can someone please identify why I’m getting a “null” for the last node?
I’m trying to insert a title block family in a structural/architectural model into my MEP model.

I posted the same to an older topic as well:

Thank you!

I don’t think you need the list levels @L2 and @L1 on the inputs of CopyFromLinkInstance node.
Did you try without ?

I still get a “null”.

The error comes from the API : “Exception: Some of the elements cannot be copied, because they are view-specific.”

Another API method must be used to copy the view specific elements.

1 Like

You must use the Document.CopyFromViewToView node.

Copy titleblock.dyn (15.3 KB)

PS : I wrote a crude Sheet To Titleblock in Document python script.

1 Like

Still getting a null.

Insert_TB_from_link.dyn.dyn (31.1 KB)

The active view must be a sheet. You can’t copy a titleblock to a floor plan or Drafting view.
Your active view on your picture is a drafting view.

Here is the warning in Revit when you try to place a titleblock on a drafting view :
Draftingview

1 Like

Amazing @Alban_de_Chasteigner , thank you so much!
I really need to find some time to learn Python.

@Alban_de_Chasteigner, Is there a way that I can just a family from a link, without actually placing any elements?

Use a Delete Element node to removed the placed elements.

OK, that was easy enough!

Now I’m trying to rename the family and family type. I want it to be the exact same name as what I copied from the linked file, but with a “_MEP” added to the end of it instead of the “1” and “2” it’s currently giving me.

Any suggestions?

Use the Element.SetName node of clockwork package.

Maybe I’m not exactly understanding where this node should go, but it doesn’t appear to be working.
Many of the nodes I’ve placed at the top are merely used for troubleshooting. Is there maybe an issue with this because the element copied from the link is a “family instance” rather than a “family type”?