Draw geometry (circles or spheres) in Revit

From a MS Excel file I’m loading coordinates (x, y, z) and a column called specialty analyzed (For example: Architecture with MEP). This information is obtained after analyzing interference detection Naviswork. The idea is to create points (interference) with the coordinates of the points file and create circles or spheres that include a label with the name of the specialty. So far I can not show the spheres or circles with your label on a project in Revit. Should I use Python Script? Where can I find a good guide programming in Python Dynamo ?. So far I’ve only managed the attached image. excuse my bad English writing.

query1

Thank you very much for your help.

David

You have managed to create the circles using geometry curves - those only exist inside dynamo. If you want to recreate them in Revit, you will need to use the “ModelCurve.ByCurve” node:

2014-12-09_151037

Alternatively if you want to place family instances ( like spheres for example), you can try the following:

2014-12-09_151650

Don’t forget to first load the family instance you’re trying to place.

I strongly suggest you check out the awesome tutorials found under the Help>Samples menu from inside Dynamo.

Once you’re comfortable with geometry importing, you could try to add a new parameter to your family.(i.e. add the name of the interference the same way I specified the radius of the spheres with “Element.SetParameterByName”) Then you could tag your family with a custom tag that reads that parameter.

Dimitar:

Thank you very much for your help.
The nodes are as follows. What do you think?

resuelto1