See post below
I’m hoping to start a graph to export door parameters from Revit to Excel to match our office door schedule. I have a basic graph which I’m hoping to adapt and wondering about the sequence of certain parts.
The schedule is sorted by Level and then Mark - I have it sorting by Level and then Mark at the start of the graph, is it better to do this towards the end?
I’d also like to have an empty row in excel after the last door for each level - how do I achieve this?
Finally, if I want to group doors for each Level, presumable I do this towards the end after collecting all the data? How would I also add a ‘heading’ for each level name to this?
It’s a bit of a mess at the moment but I’m working my way through the principle of getting the Excel data right before I start adding in more rows of data.
I also have a query about to/from room names/numbers but I think I’ve found how to do those
I cropped a bit from the graph that has Instance/Type Parameters from the initial script I made.
Yesterday I learned of the Bimorphnodes package which allows me to export a schedule to excel, which is exactly what I wanted to do so that part is resolved!
Before exporting to excel I’d like to add the GUID to excel, I will be bringing data from excel back into Revit and I prefer to use the GUID than to rely on the Mark alone.
So far I have the workflow to filter out my nested shared families and grab all the Mark numbers for door and GUID. I’m not sure how I then compare the door Mark number with the Schedule (Mark) list and insert the additional GUID in the correct place?
Not sure how to upload the dyn but below is the progress I have to date, the wrting to excel I can take from my previous script
Sorry I’m not at a PC, but I’ll try and help, you’re doing great.
Just get a List Create node in there and feed your Door, Mark and GUID and your 3 lists will be 3 columns to feed into a create Excel node (you might need a list transpose), have a look at this post maybe?
You’ll also want a list of column headers in there, make a list of strings… In a code block put [“Family”,”Mark”,”GUID”];
If you want to control the graphics of the Excel, get the Bumblebee Package and google to get the Primer.
There’s a node something like Parameter Exists which might stop the node throwing a warning.
Hope that helps,
Thanks, I’ll try and add that to the script. One thing though, how do I get to two lists to match up (I can use the Mark to identify the same door in both lists) so the GUID is associated with the correct door?
If you look, you have 18 Doors, 18 Marks and 18 GUIDS so you can be can be confident that they are matching up… If you chuck me your dyn i’ll have a quick go?
Maybe set yourself a stripped out simple rvt for developing the graph and testing… then you can drop me that as well
There are 18 doors but the list from the schedule has 20 items (2x extra for a Level heading and blank line in the schedule), does the list of 18 need the same number of additional items added? Which would vary from project to project depending on the number of levels.
I’ll have a stab at the above over lunch or this evening and upload the results then.
So the 18’s I was refering to are here…
My method is to extract parameter information, combine it into lists and export to excel.
Is it important that you recreate the Schedule in Dynamo?
Maybe it helps to explain that the order of the list where you start from to get the parameter value, has the same order as the parameter values.
The first door retrieved in the list matches first value for a parameter value like Mark or UniqueId.
As long as you don’t sort lists, the index will match, therefor the values will match.
The bottom portion of the graph is what I want to write to excel ut with the addition of guid’s. Let me give it a go over lunch and see how I get on. If I understand m.rijsmus correctly I think I can use the bottom portion to identify the doors I want a guid from?
You have two sources each with their own list order.
if you go from your first list to ecxel and include the UniqueId youre good
Importing the data back in while matching Unique Id’s it will update your schedule too
I can understand the advantage of grabbing a schedule that you can review in Revit and using Dynamo to drop it into excel + the GUIDs (+formatting with Bumblebee as mentioned above).
I think I’m lost Let me have a go at it later and I’ll respond with a dyn and revit file.
I’ll read up on bumblebee also
Bit of a late reply to this, I haven’t been able to get back to it until yesterday evening.
@Mark.Ackerley: Thats exactly it! Does exactly what I had in mind, I just didn’t know how to go about it but I can see how it works now! My Dynamo way of thinking isn’t as finetuned as some but working on it.
I’ve attached the script here, I added an additional bit to put the GUID in the original list and export to excel. It works but I need to insert the GUID in the correct place (the graphy just places it in a random row I entered to test).
Export Door Schedule_v2.1.dyn