Door Mark Number Renaming & Window Type Mark Letter Renaming

Hello Everyone, I am really new to Dynamo.

I have two questions about Door Marks and Window Type Marks.

I want to create a script that will reset or rename the Mark number for all Doors. My company currently using Lotspec from Simpson Strong-Tie, and want to make renaming doors automatic that we don’t have to manually change each door mark number.

I do not want to change the door mark by room just a clean renumbering system.

With Window Type Mark, is there a way to automatically change that number and still keep that number for every window type?

Or should I stick with the Mark numbering? With that can there be a way to group the Window types so that the Mark only shows once not multiple times?

Let me know your thoughts on these two ideas.

Thanks.

You’ll need to elaborate on this, as the system you envision will be different from the one anyone would propose.

This is why I am asking I am not too knowledgeable in Dyanamo yet, I am a beginner. I said that comment because we do not create rooms and what I been searching for seems like you can only change the Mark by using the Rooms.

Because numbering doors by their room number is pretty much the standard way to do things.

If you just want to renumber doors from 1 to 100 (or however many doors you have), then you just get all doors, make a list of 1…count, then set the mark parameter.

I think I am getting Close, Here is what I have created so far.

what do I need to have to rename the Mark numbers?

A couple of issues. First, you need to fix the inputs on that SetParameter node. The ‘Element’ input needs Revit Element(s) rather than a number. You also need to tell it which parameter to set (“Mark”).

The other is you’ve only got one door number here. You need a number for each door, else they’ll all be numbered as 159. As suggested, you want to do ‘1…count’ in a code block and then put your List.Count as an input into this. The ‘…’ creates a list from the first value to the latter value.

Hamish,

I followed your instructions but when I enter the ‘1…count’ I get an error on the code block. Then I put " " around the 1…count but that I think is a text to replace the mark name instead of changing the order of the Mark numbers.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hello,

https://primer.dynamobim.org/07_Code-Block/7_Code-Blocks-and-Design-Script.html

When you have a moment to breathe, take the time to read through the Dynamo Primer. Not everything in it will be immediately useful to you but it does lay the foundation for understanding the syntax and basic workflows.

What Hamish was suggesting was to put ‘1…count’ into a code block, but without quotes. Doing so will wind up with an input variable count that you can wire the output of your List.Count to:

Note it’s two dots, not three. 1..count;

Thanks, everyone, It worked!!

Would this format be similar if I want to change the Type mark on Windows?

You would need to retrieve a list of the Element Types of the Windows (Element.Type off your ‘All Elements Node’ and List.UniqueItems to prune the list) but yes.

Robert,

Here is what I have to change to the Window Type Mark. I think I am close but something is not right. Let me know what you think…

You’re not feeding an element into the element input your SetParameter node, you’re giving it a list of keys/strings.

Like Hamish said, you need to feed the SetParam node the element IDs, you can use the ‘==’ node to compare your Unique Items against the list from Get Type Parameter then use that as a mask for ‘Boolmask’ node to filter the list from All Elements from Category and feed that into the Set Param

Thanks for the information.

I follow your steps added the ‘==’ for the unique key and the Get Type Parameter. then connect the ‘==’ and the Elements form Category to the FilterbyBoolMask node. The thing is, I am only getting 1 result back from the FilterByBoolMask and it is not changing the Type Mark .

Do you have any suggestions?

on the ‘==’ node everything is false expect the first item. why is that?

I think you can simplify your process quite a bit.

Unless there’s something I’ve missed, you’re not trying to do anything complicated here. You want to number window types, so you need a list of window types, and a list of numbers. There’s a heap of ways to get window types, but a simple method in in the snip below. The type numbers can be generated however you want, whether it’s just sequential numbering/alphabetising, or something more complex which pulls in family sizes/materials/whatever and has some system to define type names

Hamish has covered it, another way to get the element type is like so:

Hamish & Ppittas,

It worked! Thanks for Simplifying this process.

This is awesome! Here is the end result. Thank you.