Does the Dynamo support the MVBlocks?

I have tried, it seems it does not support it. Please.

I’m not sure that it is solved. I create another block to bind the mvblocks. Dyn does recognise it and projects it.

@tangersn

The Camber package has nodes for Multi-View Blocks starting in v4.0.0.

2 Likes

Hi @mzjensen
Your package is the best of them all :smiley:

But i miss a node to find the used multiviewblockreferences in the drawing or am i wring?
As there is a node for the regular blockreferences…

Hmm, maybe I forgot that. Whoops. I’ll try to add that soon. For now, can you try selecting the MVBlock references and then using Convert to Camber Object?

1 Like

@genossealex this is available in v4.2.0.

mvblockreferences

2 Likes

Hi,

I can not seem to insert a(n external) MV Block using the Block Import Node. Is there another way to do it?
What I do is try to insert the Block which has the MV Block, but I’m getting no result.

Thx

I am using a block that is connected to an MV block, and it is functioning correctly! The 2D and 3D representation works very well.

By the way, what are the disadvantages of using the approach with the Camber package? Can anyone help with this?"

@tangersn
Disadvantages? Can you explain a little bit more?

Camber is written in C# meaning the nodes are not extractable like python is, this means that when you write a script, the other user will need to also install camber for the script to function correctly.

However… Camber is also open source, so if you want to you can convert the C# to python if you dont want graph dependencies.

Github here