Divide a bar into a node using numbers without cutting it

Translated by moderator. Original post below the line.

Hello everyone. I installed an extension for Dynamo, but it works for Dynamo Revit and does not work for Dynamo Robot Structure. Is there a solution to install this extension in Dynamo Robot Structure? Otherwise, I would like to know how to access the code of a function to be able to transfer it to Dynamo Robot. My main goal is to create connections between two crosspieces. In the first phase, you must divide the crosspieces by nodes, then create bars between these nodes.

Original post below.

Bonjour à tous. J’ai installé une extension pour Dynamo, mais elle fonctionne pour Dynamo Revit et ne fonctionne pas pour Dynamo Robot Structure. Y a-t-il une solution pour installer cette extension dans Dynamo Robot Structure ? Sinon, j’aimerais savoir comment accéder au code d’une fonction pour pouvoir le transférer vers Dynamo Robot. Mon objectif principal est de créer des ppannnes entre deux traverse . Dans la première phase, il faut diviser les traverse par des nœuds, puis créer des barres entre ces nœuds.

Hi.
Welcome to the forum.
Please use english which is the forum language and it will be easier to help you.
KR
Patrick

Welcome to the forum @ziedsamoud1990!

As Patrick noted the forum language is English, which is a requirement to make search work (annars skulle jag träna på min svenska).

We can’t really see what you’ve done so it is hard to give any direct advice; try using the ‘export canvas as image feature after opening your graph, zooming in so you can see the node names clearly, and using the export canvas as image button (looks like a camera icon, or under the file menu).

However you can install Dynamo for Robot, launch Robot, open Dynamo from Robot, and install additional Dynamo packages there. You can also move the Structural Analysis package over to Dynamo for Revit by porting the package over.

1 Like

Hello . I’ve installed an extension for Dynamo, but it works for Dynamo Revit and doesn’t work for Dynamo Robot Structure. Is there a solution to install this extension in Dynamo Robot Structure? Otherwise, I’d like to know how to access the code of a function so I can transfer it to Dynamo Robot.
want to create nodes in the truss bars without cutting them and then create bars from these nodes.

Hello . I’ve installed an extension for Dynamo, but it works for Dynamo Revit and doesn’t work for Dynamo Robot Structure. Is there a solution to install this extension in Dynamo Robot Structure? Otherwise, I’d like to know how to access the code of a function so I can transfer it to Dynamo Robot.

i want to create nodes in the truss bars without cutting them and then create bars from these nodes.

Could you please send your email address so that I can send it

Nope. Post the files here.

want to create purlins and V-bracing between the farme

hi i want to create purlins and V-bracing between the farme

Please add .dyn-file and a screenshot where we can see the name of the nodes

In Dynamo there is a function to Export the Canvas as a image.
If you zoom in as far as you can read the name of the nodes and then the complete graph will be saved even if every node isn’t visible.

Screenshot of Zoom level when I export workspace as image

After export Workspace as image

/Patrick

1 Like

hi i want to create purlins and V-bracing between the farme

The out of the box robot nodes do not permit splitting members, or creating connections mid span. You will have to generate each bar individually from pairs of nodes.