Display component displacement

Hello everyone, I would like to add a gradient color to the component to display its displacement results analyzed in finite element software. But the ‘override color in view’ node can only add one color to the component, so I tried to split the component into multiple segments and add a color to each segment to approximate the gradient, but this effect was not good. My current idea is to create a material with a gradient appearance and assign it to the component (which I hope can be done), but this is a bit difficult for me. I really need everyone’s help, thank you for any suggestions!

I recommend looking into the FaceAnalysis.ByViewFacePointsAndValues node.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion! I tried the ‘FaceAnalysisDisplay. ByViewFacePointsAndValues’ node, but there were some issues: the node was running normally but there was no color display in the 3D view, and I couldn’t find the’ Analysis Display Settings’ option in the review window
This is my dynamo node layout diagram:

This is my Revit 3D window diagram:

I am using the revit version2019.2

2+ years out of support, this may be the issue… I’ll try and build a sampel workflow in a supported version, but you’d be well served to get into a supported version from both a functional standpoint and a security standpoint (you haven’t had any security updates in 2 1/4 years, putting the entire company at risk of an infosec incident).

Hi @2899778163 i cant test in 2019, but try as here…

Revit_eUj5QKRV2l

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer! I found that walls and inclined columns can display colors after running the FaceAnalysisDisplay. ByViewFacePointsAndValues node, but straight columns cannot display colors. I don’t quite understand the reason behind this?
wall:

inclined column:

straight column:

No not sure…