Discrepancy between the actual wall length (in Revit) and the specified length for wall creation in Dynamo

Greetings everyone.

I am trying to add an additional wall to an existing one using dynamo scripting.
As input curve I use the line between the ends of the existing wall at ground level.
But when created, the new wall appears larger than the original wall (in length) and collides with other walls because of this.
When checking the length within Dynamo, the fresh wall returns the original (used for creation) value, and the wall itself in the Dynamo geometry preview appears to be exactly the same size as the original wall.
I figured out that this is because the colliding parts of the wall are somehow doesnt taken into account, but still don’t know how to use this information.
I am out of ideas at this point.

The nodes I’ve tried using are the built-in Wall.ByCurveAndHeight node and the Wombat Dynamo Wall.ByProfile / ByCurveAndLocation nodes.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Why can a newly created wall be larger (in length) than the curve it bases on?
  2. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

Perhaps you can disallow wall ends temporarily? get the end point locations, roll back the transaction, use the end points to create a line and make the wall? Just an idea :slight_smile:

Mark

1 Like

I’ll try it, thanks!

1 Like