Dimensions restore after mirroring the project

Hey guys,

Just thinking out loud, is there a way to restore dimension position after the project is mirrored?
What I am trying to achieve is, I do a lot of project flips, for a house to suit house location.
So, all the drawings are done already and if I mirror the project, all the dims go haywire.

What I have achieved so far, I have managed to store origin coordinates and text location of all the Dims within a key schedule pre-flip and referencing those coordinates post-flip to guide the dims accordingly.
Has anyone tried something like this before and successfully achieved the result?
I want all the 90s , 270s to stay that way on the exact same offset from origin points.

And this is how I am applying those coordinates back.

1 Like

@chhabrat ,hi

i would delete the dimensions and recreate them… some workaround i would recomment.

Hi,

It could be the best way. The Genius Loci package has a lot of nodes for dimensioning and retrieving their properties.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the response. But recreating the dimensions can’t be done because there are more than 5000 dimensions in one project and it would add a couple of days of work.
I will keep looking into it… thanks though :slight_smile:

Hi,

It will take a few minutes for Dynamo to recreate them.
You can obtain the necessary informations (line location, references, views, dimension types) before mirroring the project and then create again the dimensions.

1 Like

Hi,
That is my primary approach… I am getting their text position and their origin with their element IDs and creating a key schedule within the project after the flip I am getting all that information and feeding it to the dimensions post mirroring. It does work but it is not perfect… It is close so I thought if someone else has any other approach to this problem.