Dimensioning from grid to wallface

Greeting Dynamo forum, as a newbie to dynamo I have been trying to tackle a problem with dimension of grid to wall. What I’m trying to do here is choosing the a wall/s face I would like to dimension to and the grids to dimension from. I have been using Genius Loci plug-ins, but sadly I am not able to figure out my mistake.

Thankful for any input.

Hello @SIAH and welcome…it looks as you feed in line in your startpoint in your linebystartandendpoint…that node expect points…

How is it possible to go around the problem? I though while i extract the points coordinates with Getitematindex node I would be able to connect them. Thanks

Yes…try to look at @Alban_de_Chasteigner page he had some nice exemple how it could be done :wink: but as far i can see it isnt the right index as you get lines but need points :slight_smile:

Amigo @SIAH hola, I’m agree whit @sovitek, I also advise you to train yourself a little more in the basics of Dynamo so you can understand it better before venturing into more complicated workflows, take a look at the hand book I leave you the link, also I leave you a workflow to decompose curves, I hope you find it useful.

2 Likes