Dimension segments from continuous linear dimension

I’m doing a little exercise today to push the string “GRID” below those dimensions that are from grid to grid. I would love if Dynamo could automatically isolate those which are referencing grids (the witness line is a grid line). I actually had a try but failed. For now I just decided to rely on the user to pick the correct dimensions using Pick Model Elements node from Rhythm package. And then use this node, again from Rhythm package, to set the values below dimensions.

The definition is simple enough and it works fine when the dimension is in a single segment but the issue is when dimension are continuous (i.e selected together as shown below).

Is there any way to have access to parameters of single dimension segment element in a continuous line of dimension element?

Hi there,

I’ve bend my thought into the same things with you, and finally got the solution.
You can try my scipts as image to give ‘name’ to a segment of the dimension by set it a number

2 Likes

Thanks heaps Nicole.
It does the job. However only makes the change on second segment as n[1].Below = name
I don’t know much Python yet but I think we need to count the number of segments and then get the script to write the below parameter for every instance. A for loop maybe?

With thanks to @NicoleChuong, I tweaked the above script a bit to work with every segment of the dimension line.

Well done :thumbsup: