Dimension ByReferences not working for edges & faces

@GavinCrump thanks for looking into this. I tested your method but I think it has the same issue. The dimension is created as though it is LINEAR but as soon as you try to move it, it reverts back to an ALIGNED dimension. Does the same happen on your PC?

I can create a LINEAR dimension manually specifying the exact same verticies and the dimension works as expected. So I’m not asking Revit to do anything it can’t do already. Creating it via the API appears to work but switches to an ALIGNED dimension once you try to move it. But comparing the three options (manual, API before editing, API post editing) they all appear to be the same in Snoop. I’m not sure if this is the right field, but all the filed look the same.

I thought the issue could be resolved with using a vertex reference instead of an edge reference but it doesn’t looks like it makes any difference. @jacob.small did you have any luck following up with the Revit team?

@Thomas_Mahon there is no elephant in the room. I provided the minimum version of the problem as per guidelines. Geometry retrieval is all automated, completed and working. The only bug is when no perpendicular references exist. Hence my question about using edges and/or vertices as an option.