Differences in "standard" unit input data for Revit between versions

I’m guessing you don’t have a clue what I’m talking about based on the title.
I had been building on a Revit file which, eventually, reads out data from excel, and then sends it to Revit.
Because Revit is based on imperial systems instead of metric systems.
I’m thinking the way it generally works is that you send a value to Revit, let’s say flow speed. In the excel file I’m working in the data is in m/s. Revit, of course, does not know that, so it takes the data and gives it its basic unit, let’s say ft/s.
So let’s say you send 5 m/s seconds (so that’s just the value 5) towards Revit, I’m thinking it then reads it as 5 ft/s and then if you want to see it in Revit as m/s, it then shows 1,52 m/s as that’s the same speed as 5 ft/s.

Anyway:
This is not a huge problem, as you can do a simple calculation to make sure it shows up correctly in Revit.
However, here is the big issue. I’ve been making this on Revit 2015, and now, when I tried to run it on a Revit 2017 project, the values actually came out differently.
Now, I can simply do a different calculation but I would like to know what is causing this, I’m thinking that the “basic unit” Revit uses might be different between versions, otherwise I’d have to search for where the issue might be elsewere.

Did anyone have similar problems and might know what would’ve caused this?

Thanks in advance!

This is actually a change between Dynamo versions. From 1.3.3 and 2.0 dynamo uses the current Revit project units for all different types of units. (finally)

3 Likes

Aha.

Well, that’s an annoyance as I’ve been working 1.2.1 until now.
Luckily no Revit 2015 projects need to be done anymore so I can actually upgrade. So the issues are done now. :grinning: