Delete family built-in parameters

Hello everyone.

I am trying to create a dynamo that deletes certain parameters of a family that I have open, but there are certain elements that it is not able to delete.

Do you know if it has a solution?

Thanks a lot!

Not sure if this will help, but maybe separate the ā€œprojectā€ vs ā€œsharedā€ ? this is what i useā€¦ hope this helps.

This method seems to collect only user-created parameters (list does not include built-in parameters).

Note the effect of deleting ā€˜Louver Heightā€™ (dimensional constraint + included within ā€˜Flow Checkā€™ formula). Related formulas are also deleted, so be mindful of what you deleteā€¦

Clockwork package has a few familyparameter nodes that show associations between parameters, elements, and formulas. You can play around with those in order to determine ā€˜usefulā€™ parameters versus delete-able parameters.

2 Likes

Hi @Robert_Younger .

Reading your answer I have seen that I canĀ“t eliminate are built-in parameters. Iā€™m looking for information on how to eliminate them but I canā€™t get any information, do you have any idea how to remove them?

thanks for your previous answer

hi @cesar.tolentino

For the parameters that I am trying to eliminate it does not work for me, but I have found another utility, thank you very much for sharing with me