Defining structural loads

Hi,

I’m grasshopper user and have had some experience defining loads and boundary conditions in Grasshopper/Karamba but thought it would be easier in Dynamo… now I’m not so sure.

I’m trying to define my hosted point loads and hosted line loads in the same script that generates the geometry however I can’t seem to get it to work out where to start. I kinda thought that Dynamo would have nodes predefined for loads but that doesn’t seem to be the case and all the examples I’ve come across online use Python scripts where I’m a beginner Python user at best and when I’ve tried to run them vertabim I’ve just gotten errors :confused:

Any suggestions as to where I might start?

Thanks

Rob

Are you working with Revit or Robot as well? If so why not use the analysis tools built in there instead of trying to track the data in a separate container? It’s likely that eventually you’ll likely use the Revit or Robot version anyway so programmatically assigning values shouldn’t be avoided…

1 Like

My apologies, I should have mentioned, I’m using Revit and Dynamo…

You may find the following collection of nodes useful: Create load cases, apply loads, and generate load combinations automatically in Revit

1 Like