Define which shaft do the air terminals belong to

Hi everyone, I’m trying define which shaft do the air terminal belong to but can’t find a way to do it. If they are separate shafts, I can do it by using the system name to define which shaft they connect to but in this case, it’s so difficult. So please help me with any ideas you have. Thank you very much.

@Luffy11,

We manage that via our ProvisionForVoids… you can just map the parameters based on there intersection…
If you have MEP-Rooms you could also intersect with them…

Hi, can you explain more specifically?

@Luffy11 ,

thats a starting point:

@Draxl_Andreas , pardon me but I still don’t get your point. What I’m trying to do is to define the duct in shaft that the air terminal belongs to not just the duct in the room.

Hello @Luffy11 …MePover have a node “All element in connected network” as could probably help you here…

@sovitek actually I’ve already tried it but as you can see in the screenshot above, the shafts connect to each other so the result of node “All element in connected network” includes 2 shafts.
I’ve attached the dyn file that I’ve got so far, please take a look and help me if you have any idea. Thank you

Define which shaft do the AT belong to.dyn (37.2 KB)

1 Like

arhhh ok, havent really seen your first screenshot…true here we will get a problem

Indeed. I tend to split them into separate shafts before running dynamo but that will be the last choice in case I don’t have any different ways.

Yes think actuelly the same, find your risers disconnect them and then use element in network…then after that connect again…think something here just an idea…

2 Likes

Great idea, I’m going to try it now. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Think another way could be find the riser and use Genius Loci great nodes “split by point” and delete the fitting…then use element in network…and then use genius loci node " connect mep curve" for connect again… …im not at Dyn in the moment but i will give it a try later :wink:

1 Like

@sovitek Thank you, It’s so kind of you. But I was thinking what if we have a case like in the screenshot, we can’t do it base on the highest or lowest point ,right?

Hi Yes offcourse, then you probably have to filter another way or add some other critia :wink:

1 Like

Ok. Anyways, I’m appreciated with your help. Thanks a lot.