DataShapes repeating operation

Hey guys, I am creating an UI with DataShapes where my user can change the projetc´s information within the Data Shapes UI. However, I noticed that if my User doesn´t not change any info, the code runs once and works fine. However, if I change any information when running my script (I am using element.getParamter to get the actual value of my parameter and element.setParameterbyName to set the data my user inputs) after pressing okay within my DataShapes UI the UI opens again (and sometimes multiple times) as if there is a loop in my code (I guess because I cahnged one of the parameters of my elements my Data shapes is indentifying a new entry value and running again :frowning: ) Is there anyway to break the code after I use my setParameterbyName node, so this doesn’t happen? Or any solution you guys can think for this issue?

Tks so much

I am sharing my script here (code is too large to screenshot
projecIinfoSet_script.dyn (212.7 KB)

Try running the graph via Dynamo player after clearing any element bindings.

1 Like

Hi @camirozario!

You can use Force Re-execute button from Tune-Up package. It will restart all, including Data-Shapes nodes.
And check this also:

2 Likes

choose False and run once,
then choose True to run again
it should restart everything

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

I have tried @newshunhk solution before but it didn´t work yesterday, but now running the script from my toolbar after proceeding with the true/false solution it worked wonders :thinking: … I am still scared it could eventually happen again probably will be testing out @Vladimir package solution! I also saw that Clockwork has a Passthrough node that sounds useful in this case.

Thanks for all the answers :slight_smile: