Data Shapes chart functionality

Hi @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi ,

Apologies if this isn’t the right forum for package suggestions (please direct me elsewhere if so).

I’m currently loving using the charting tool as a method for reporting model data back to users while running auditing tools on it.

The one issue I have with this at the minute is the “Push to draft view” button. While I think the functionality of the button is great if the chart is something the user wants to use, most of the time I’m just relaying the data to the user to give them an wider picture of what the script is dealing with.

An example of this can be seen below, I’m letting them purge the unused elevation markers in the model and am showing them what percentage of the overall markers these make up. In this case I never want the user to create a drafting view.

I’m finding that lots of users are pressing that button as they are intrigued what it does but then leave the view in the project browser unused.

Would it be possible to add a boolen control to the chart input box as to whether you want to give the user the option to push to a drafting view?

Intrigued to hear your thoughts.

Jake

5 Likes

Suggest leaving this as an idea on his github;

1 Like

Thanks - Have posted there also.

1 Like