Cut intersect elements, Dynamo

Hi everyone,

I have a problem,
I want to cuts walls where they intersect with rafters.
I get all walls and all rafters and get their solit too,
Now I want to know how can I cut the differences form walls.

Those are walls.

Those are rafers.

And those are the places where they intersect.

I don’t know why I’m getting such a message at the end of the script in solid.difference

Thanks in advance

Hi @krzysiektoja somethinh here could probably help…

or just

1 Like

Hello, nice solution :+1:,
as these elements are inclined, he can duplicate (the solid interception) them in z to avoid having the remaining concrete corner,

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Jeps😀

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Could you please provide the package from which the element.cutgeometry node comes from? I am using Revit 2022 and cannot seem to find such a node.

2 Likes

Clockwork

1 Like

Thanks, but it still doesn’t cut.

I don’t know where the problem is with it.

Hi the node expect elements not geometry

1 Like

Your interception result with geometry intersect: (Lines not solid)
try the Solid Difference all node

cordially
christian.stan

Yes then we had to create a void family from that solid…and then cut geometry as in my first exemple

1 Like

DN_2.1_CuttingIntersectingElements3.dyn (46.3 KB)
hmm can you look on this, i still have a problem to use solid difference all node

Try something here…if you are in 2022 then use synthezise toolkit “insert Family”…for create void…

1 Like

I tried your way, but something is still wrong. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

No not really…cant see whats goin on…if you want then share a little bit of these rvt files you work on

Here is the file. The node ‘solid.byunion’ seems to be the problem.
DN_2.1_CuttingIntersectingElements4.dyn (38.4 KB)

I mean a little bit of you revit files,not sure but is there some solids in your intersect node ?,try with remove if not after your intersect…so you only let solids pass

Ok, here is the architecture file which is the main file and the construction file which is a link. I think the problem is that the raftres are generated from a link, while the walls are in the main file.
AR.rvt (6.2 MB)
ST.rvt (6.0 MB)
If you help me, I will be very grateful.

1 Like

ahaa…its becourse its stacked wall i guess…something here work for me in your exemple…

2 Likes

"Thank you very much, but there is still some issue with the cutting, at solid.byunion null appears and then everything stops working. Do you know what might be the problem?

Try without union…and flatten from your linked solids…