Tool.eraser

Apparently some nodes that I was using from the Steamnodes package isn’t working in my R2020 Dynamo 2.3.0.

How do I fix the tool.eraser node? The error is about the input ‘List’?

Try to enter a string value in input. Like “List to delete”

Hi Deniz,

Can you explain a bit more in detail? I’m new user to dynamo and when I type in “List to delete” as text into the Input node, it still doesn’t work for me.

Hello,

edit the “List” in Input to “List_to_delete” and then save the file.

Or, to keep the input name short just make the whole word lowercase ‘List’ in a built-in function but ‘list’ is not.

Generally steamnodes doesnt perform well in my experience due to all the reserved variable names (usually List). If you use any name but a reserved one in the input it should accept it. For example lst or myList. No spaces allowed i think.

Keep in mind this will edit the custom package on your machine only, as it modifies the dyf files (custom nodes) in the installed packages location.

Thanks all for trying to help. Unfortunately, all of suggestions not working :frowning:

Is it because of my Dynamo version? Please see attached image.

I also receive error message with flatten code Block as well.

Tried Deniz, Haganjake & Gavin’s suggestions but no luck…

If any other advices worth to try, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Your input is still called up as “List”. If you change it to just about anything else, inputList, myList, theList, lizt, inputValues, etc, then you’ll clear that error.

Your input is still called up as “List”. If you change it to just about anything else, inputList, myList, theList, lizt, inputValues, etc, then you’ll clear that error.

This. Just list (so no CAPITAL L) probably will work too.

Also change Flatten In DSCore.Flatten to prevent future problems.

It should look like that:

You can try to update your SteamNodes package.

1 Like

Hi Deniz…which version steamnodes is it, i can only see 1.2.4 as the latest version…and have this capital issue

Hi Sören, my bad :S I edited the package in our company and for a second I thought, we have another version :slight_smile:

1 Like

hæhæh thats make sense…my misunderstanding :wink:

1 Like

There is non of the graph about the Tool. Eraser that will work. I had also tried the graph that you shows, but will not work out for me. Is there any options I can do to make it work?

Use the out of the box node (I believe it is titled Element.Delete) instead. Any time there is an out of the box node available, default to that instead of a custom node.