Custom LineStyle from excel data use

Hi,

I had exported Excel list for Revit LineStyle.

Now, I am trying to create new LineStyle from Excel data in Revit with following Information (Line name, Line weight, Line color, Line pattern).

Is this any in-built Dynamo node help me or Python script is the last solution, and how would that Python script look.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @pol_ndy,

Use the LineStyle.Create node from BimorphNodes package.

Create

Thanks for your reply.

I am getting the attached error. Additionally I am trying a script based on @Konrad_K_Sobon one of the previous post, but still not working.

Thanks,
Error

@Konrad_K_Sobon script

@pol_ndy What does the error say?

EDIT:
You don’t have the correct data types:

Hi,

Yes, @salvatoredragotta it is work in this way. But my data source are in excel and managing Line color, Line pattern each line type is problem.

using Excel.ReadFromFile ---- List.Transpose ---- List.GetItemAtIndex to short excel data, how can we get back Item to Lists data type again?

Thanks

Have a look again at @salvatoredragotta post because he is putting in a revit element pattern, not a string text from excel and also they have converted the numbers for the colours into a colour element.

So for the line pattern and colour, you will need to do the following two things:

• Find and get the line pattern that matches the name in the excel file.
  • Convert the 3 colour rgb numbers into a colour for input.

Once you have these then you should be fine and the thing should run.

Hi,

A possible way to achieve your goal :

3 Likes

@pol_ndy see post from @Alban_de_Chasteigner. He’s done it for you :grinning:

Hi,

@Alban_de_Chasteigner your RGB procedure is more easier. Thanks you very much for your help about Line Pattern.

Question - “HOT Gear” Node not able to identify the Solid Line,

@Alban_de_Chasteigner , @salvatoredragotta please try to create a solid line in this same node. I am getting the massage “null” instead of Line Pattern.

Thanks,

1 Like

Display the properties of your line patterns.
Are you sure your solid line pattern exists ?

2 Likes

@Alban_de_Chasteigner thanks for your help :+1:.
Information, “null” problem is automatic change as a solid line when run the program.

Thanks every one who participate in this dissociation :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

@Alban_de_Chasteigner Hi , I am wondering that how to achieve create a linestyle by using Revit API