Hi,
I had exported Excel list for Revit LineStyle.
Now, I am trying to create new LineStyle from Excel data in Revit with following Information (Line name, Line weight, Line color, Line pattern).
Is this any in-built Dynamo node help me or Python script is the last solution, and how would that Python script look.
Thanks
Hi @pol_ndy ,
Use the LineStyle.Create node from BimorphNodes package.
Thanks for your reply.
I am getting the attached error. Additionally I am trying a script based on @Konrad_K_Sobon one of the previous post, but still not working.
Thanks,
Error
@Konrad_K_Sobon script
@pol_ndy What does the error say?
EDIT:
You don’t have the correct data types:
Hi,
Yes, @salvatoredragotta it is work in this way. But my data source are in excel and managing Line color, Line pattern each line type is problem.
using Excel.ReadFromFile ---- List.Transpose ---- List.GetItemAtIndex to short excel data, how can we get back Item to Lists data type again?
Thanks
Have a look again at @salvatoredragotta post because he is putting in a revit element pattern, not a string text from excel and also they have converted the numbers for the colours into a colour element.
So for the line pattern and colour, you will need to do the following two things:
Find and get the line pattern that matches the name in the excel file.
Convert the 3 colour rgb numbers into a colour for input.
Once you have these then you should be fine and the thing should run.
Hi,
A possible way to achieve your goal :
@pol_ndy see post from @Alban_de_Chasteigner . He’s done it for you
pol_ndy
September 2, 2018, 5:35am
9
Hi,
@Alban_de_Chasteigner your RGB procedure is more easier. Thanks you very much for your help about Line Pattern.
Question - “HOT Gear” Node not able to identify the Solid Line,
@Alban_de_Chasteigner , @salvatoredragotta please try to create a solid line in this same node. I am getting the massage “null” instead of Line Pattern.
Thanks,
Display the properties of your line patterns.
Are you sure your solid line pattern exists ?
pol_ndy
September 3, 2018, 9:12am
11
@Alban_de_Chasteigner thanks for your help .
Information, “null” problem is automatic change as a solid line when run the program.
Thanks every one who participate in this dissociation
@Alban_de_Chasteigner Hi , I am wondering that how to achieve create a linestyle by using Revit API