Curves From Cad layers

apologize ask how to associate to the height a defined level of revit if you know I would appreciate the data thank you

Please create a new topic instead of commenting on an old, solved post. This way people can know to help you and you can mark your solutions. It also helps to keep the forum organized and keep different issues/questions separated.

1 Like

Hi Daniel. I’m trying to convert CAD lines into Revit Structural Column by using Dynamo but it doesn’t work because I have in the CAD file both curves and lines… How do you solve this problem in your script?

Lines are Curves. Curves are abstract and can’t be instantiated, rather, they represent a category of geometry which all have common features. In Dynamo v2.0 the Curves menu nicely show’s you the geometry types part of this group. Unfortunately the Dynamo dev’s thought it would be a good idea to break this notion, and create an object known as a ‘Curve’ just to throw heaps of confusion into the mix. I would overlook this (its either a NURBS, Bspline, hermite spline, or Beizer Curve, etc) and keep your knowledge clean on the subject.

Anyway, I digress, make sure your CAD files are all loaded. Any which are unloaded cant be accessed via the API and therefore CurveFromCADLayers node.

Hi all,

I am facing the same issue and not sure where it is stuck…?
See snip below:

Also the CAD file is looking like this

Does it happening because of CAD file is not proper?

Also we use these nodes (Bimorph nodes) to convert surfaces or solids too?

Hi,

I’m using the node ELEMENT.GEOMETRY, and is working, i could get all curves.

Try this node.

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the reply, but I am not getting the desired result. I tried both the ways.

I am not sure where it is going wrong?

Upload a sample DWG with the problem element inside. If its solid, mesh or surface geometry you are trying convert then that would explain why CurvesFromCADLayers is giving you nothing.

Using OOTB Element.Geometry however, will handle these elements, but BimorphNodes is significantly more powerful and reliable then this node when it comes to extracting curves so it all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Regions in CAD typically import into Revit as Meshes which are not supported by Revits crap geometry engine, so its best to explode them beforehand if you can, then import into Revit, as curves are more easily handled.

I am a beginner using this tool. Please could you make me available the script?