Curve normal direction change

hi,Im trying to create a geometry with curves, I have used curve by points and arc’s, my strategy is create arc and curves separately and use “create list” to make them a single closed curve, the problem is, I found out the normal of the curves are different, how can I change the direction of the normal, and is there any other ways to make curve and arc into one curve?
Many thanks guys!!!

Random guess but have you tried reversing the direction of the curve to see if it affects the normal?

nope, It doesn’t work, maybe something wrong while combining the curves?

Have you looked into the polycurve.byjoinedcurves node?

thanks,but the solid is not closed, what could have gone wrong?is it because the arc is not a curve?

Try Curve.ExtrudeAsSolid, which will do what it sounds like.

Also, you should be sure to cover all the exercises in the Dynamo Primer. Don’t skip anything, even if you think you’ll never have a need to place solar panels so they follow the sun. None of the exercises were curated to produce the outcome, but instead teach the specifics and the concepts you’ll need to know in order to use Dynamo well. Of note, there is a section which gives away which of the following geometric forms are curves:

1. Line
  2. Polyline
  3. Arc
  4. Circle
  5. Ellipse
  6. NURBS Curve
  7. Polycurve
Click for Answer

Answer: All of the above.

1 Like

thanks! I will look through the Dynamo Primer!!!