Curve by start and end point takes wrong way

Hey,

I would like to make a line with the help of start and end point, now a line is made only it takes the shortest route. I have tried the lacing on longest but without result. I want to run my line through the red circle.

What am I missing?

Can you show more of the script? What are the inputs before location.

Line by end points typically will only go between two points, it doesn’t have any way of knowing any other points you want unless you tell it to go through them or consider them.

You should look into trying to achieve a ‘PolyCurve.ByPoints’, which will be able to pass through multiple points. It typically generates straight lines from each point to the next in the list of points.

@GavC

Thank you for your response.

I try to select the points via a line, the purpose of the script is to automatically place foundation brackets.

This works but now it has been decided to apply a slope of 5 mm per bracket.

when a pipe fitting or another diameter appears, the dimensions start again and this must continue.

I would like to hear your response.

Over here the script in picture and the file:

01-07_funderingsbeugel.dyn (90.0 KB)

I want to try to create a curve line but when I select a start and start point it takes the path like the blue line.

I want him to follow the red line.
how can i realize this?

How can I get one connected line of those separate lines?

1 Like

Polycurve by joined curve should solve this one… see below.

I’ve also added some nodes showing that you can work with a polycurve, as well as get the overall lines start/end point. Let me if this works on your side with your specific case.

1 Like

@GavC

Thanks for your comment!

The polycurve works but they are still separate lines.
I want a merged line of these lines.

The error is there because pipe fittings have been selected, these fittings have a point instead of a line.

maat%20x

As you can see, the parameter “maat x” is entered. This is the intention, I have added a sequence but with every new line the measure starts again and that should not happen

Hrm… how about if we take the start point of each pipe run, as well as the end of the last, then connect them using Polycurve by points? The runs would need to be in sequence.

Capture

@GavC Thanks again

Like this?

My bad:

But as you can see he takes the wrong way:

When you take element locations of the pipes like that, you’re already getting the lines, so the only thing that’s missing is the lines of the junctions, which you can get through element geometry. After some filtering you can isolate the lines of the junctions and those of the pipes, and join them together to create one polyline. Check the screenshot below.

@sed07 Thank you for youre reply.
I’m quite new with dynamo sorry for this.

I have no arc in my model. if I try to filter on points (pipe fittings) it still doesn’t work. I get different polycurves instead of one polycurve.

Hmm, I have edited the graph in the screenshot by the way. But anyway, it seems you have a problem from the beginning. Can you post a copy of the revit file with the pipes you’re working on?

@sed07 Over here the link:

@sed07
I prefer to use a start point and an end point and I turn that into one curve. this because I want to create a slope

Thanks for sending the model, see attached a method that works for single runs (split runs wont work).

Capture

A single curve is not possible, as curves are straight or arc by definition I believe (if anyone wants to jump in and correct no offence will be taken!).

If you want to handle slopes, see a method below you could use to isolate lengths and points along the polycurve to raise them… I had some fun with this actually :slight_smile:

If you want to ultimately push these heights back to your pipe, you could get the curves of the polycurve again, and use ‘set location’ node I believe… not 100% sure though.

slope pipe.dyn (38.6 KB)

Thanks!

Which package did you use?

I have version 1.3 because they are working in 2017,18 & 19 so I cannot make the switch to dynamo 2.0 yet

curve

Some alternative for polycurve.byjoinedcurves with tolerance?

@jw.vanasselt
Try this Solution

Springnodes for polycurve.points and Clockwork for Element.location+.