Importing an centerline into Dynamo

Hello!
I am trying to import an 3D Polyline into Dynamo. The DWG is linked into Revit, and I select it in Dynamo with the BimorphNodes package. I’d like to put an startpoint, endpoint and however many points I’d like into this line. The problem is when I attach an start and end point to the line I end up with 100s of points to the line. Does anyone have a solution for this? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi @SeGra ,

Could it be it is not a polyline?

I tried it with spline… it worked well :slight_smile:

KR

Andreas

Hi @SeGra ,

Your 3D Polyline is probably imported as individual lines, that’s why you are getting all those start- and endpoints. To create one Dynamo PolyCurve from this you could use the PolyCurve.ByJoinedCurves node.

After that you could look into the suggestions of @Draxl_Andreas .

1 Like

is there not a comment in AutoCAD : flatten ? @Daan

I could match Z Values via a csv list?

Thank you very much, this worked!

Please Mark as a solution, So that the community will benefit.

I ran into a problem using the Polycurve, and thought I’d ask here before making a new post.
It seems like you can’t offset a polycurve in the negative directon? I have tried with both Curve.Offset and PolyCurve.Offset. Offsetting it with positive numbers works well. Could you thibk of any solution for this?

Hi @SeGra ,

Hmm… That should work just fine.
Could you create a new topic with this problem? Also, please share your Cad-file there and your work (or a mock-up) of your .dyn-file so we can help you out?

1 Like