Cresating surfaces from lines

Hi there,

I’m trying to create vertical surface (following the Z vector) from the lines obtained from the perimeter of horizontal surfaces… However, when I try to thicken the curve to then create a surface, in some cases the curve isn’t thickened in Z vector… Any idea why and how to solve it… or perhaps another way to achieve this? The end goal is to use this vertical surfaces to do a geometry.split on the horizontal surfaces.

Sem Título

Hi Luis,

Did you also try with the “Curve.Extrude” node?

1 Like

THX! It worked! xD I Only knew about the curve.extrude by distance and not by direction :slight_smile: always learning! Thx once again…

Hi guys,

I’m trying to create surfaces by using the lines obtained from the node “Geometry.Intersect” and conveying afterwards this information into the node “Surface.ByPerimeterPoints”

I think the main issue is that the sublists of points for creating each surface have points in diferent planes. That might be the reason of this error:

“Warning: Surface.ByPerimeterPoints operation failed.
Error creating Surface: Points are coincident
Surface.ByPerimeterPoints operation failed.
Unable to make wire from edges : WIRE_SELF_INTERSECTS2 – Wire has self-”

Creation of surface

Do you have any suggestion how could I solve this? My goal with this workflow is to be able to calculate the area of the surface from the geometry intersected.

Best regards,

Alejandro Mata

I have the same problem. Have you managed to solve this?